Thursday, April 5, 2012

Just a Plain Old Thursday...

Someone very wise once told me that "Normal" is just a setting on a dryer.  I love that quote.  It applies to so much of life.  For example, why be "normal" when with a little effort you can be extraordinary?  Or why expect "normal" when it's the unexpected surprises in life that can be so entertaining and enjoyable?

But with all due respect to the wise woman who shared her view of "normal" with me, I do think there does need to be a sense of normality about life in some ways.  It helps us maintain our sanity, I think.  It let's us know what to expect and brings us a bit of comfort and security from routine.  And I've been lacking that in many ways lately, personally and professionally. 

Spring Break has been a WONDERFUL time of resting and relaxation for me.  And today especially was a great day of "normal" for me.  A great workout, time with a wonderful friend, some household chores, and cooking a nice meal.  Just a plain old Thursday.  And BOY am I grateful for that.

Hope your day was "normal" in the very best sense of the word...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...