Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Unfortunate Truth...

When I started this blog, one of the things I promised myself was that I'd not only post the positive, uplifting things I think and do.  I wanted to be honest, and while I tend to be positive and upbeat by nature most of the time, I do have my moments where this is decidedly NOT true of me.  So here' s today's little dose of honesty.  I do NOT want to go exercise tonight.  Not at all.



I could tell you all the reasons why
...because I sat in class all day long
...because I have a summer cold that has me feeling like crud
...because my head is pounding
...because I just want to crawl in bed and feel better
...because I have homework
...because I have to go sit in that class again tomorrow.

Any or all of these would likely be reason enough to justify staying home tonight.  But here's the difference in the Old Angie and the New Angie...I AM going to the gym tonight.  And I'm going to work my body as hard as I can possibly work it given that I do feel like crud. Why?  Because one thing I'm learning as I take this journey is that whether I WANT to or not...exercise is almost always the best thing for me.  When I want it the least is often when I need it the most.  And tonight, I instinctively know that's true.

So, I'll let you know how it goes.  Look for my updates on Twitter and Facebook...they'll be there.  No way I stay home and miss an opportunity to be better every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...