Monday, January 7, 2013

How Do You "Do" Fitness???

That's right.  It's that simple...and that complicated.  Deciding that you're going to do something positive about your fitness is just that.  A choice.  As with any choice we make in life, we give up many other options to make the decisions we do.

What do I mean?  Well...tonight, for example, I chose to go to the gym and workout for an hour.  What did I give up to do that?  Time to sit and chill after a long day in the classroom.  Time to read, a passion of mine.  Time to chat with my friends online.  But the key is this...I decided.  It was a conscious choice.  The person in charge of my fitness is ME, and I made the commitment to be a physically fit person.  That includes going to the gym and working hard.  Thinking about what I gave up tonight pales in comparison with the feeling that taking charge of my life gives me.

My friend, Beth, has started an online support group of people like her that want to help each other become more fit, lose fat in the first 90 days of 2013.  I joined, along with many of my friends.  Beth has decided...consciously chosen...to be different, and to encourage her friends to be, too.

My point this evening is this:  life is meant to be lived intentionally.  On purpose.  We are not meant to merely respond to circumstances around us.  We were designed with the capacity to make decisions, and we need to empower ourselves to do just that.

I hope you lived on purpose today...decided to take charge of your own fitness and did positive things to improve it.  If you did...congratulations!  If you didn't, you've got another chance tomorrow.  Don't waste it, friends.

Eat less...move more.  It works.  I promise you...it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...