Saturday, March 31, 2012

Would Look On Me With Love...

Have you ever stopped to think that the God of all time...the same God that created the universe and everything in it, looks on you...and loves you?  That thought blows me away.

First, that God LOOKS on me.  That I am worth the time of the Omniscient, Omnipotent GOD of the Universe.  Surely He has more to do than be involved in my life?  And yet...the Great Initiator chooses to be part of my life and calls me to share it with Him.

And then...even more...that He LOVES me.  That He considers ME of far greater value than anything else in all of creation.  How can that truth not TOTALLY change your world when you fully embrace it?

If you've been following my blog for the past few posts, you'll remember that I am using the verse of a song - Who Am I by Casting Crowns - to share some of what God has done in my life lately.  I heard this song in concert a couple of weeks ago, and it really spoke to me, helped me understand my journey in a new way.  And now I'm sharing it with you, too.

Who am I?
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
And watch me rise again.

God knows my sin.  He looks on me as I'm in the act of sin.  He sees me as I contemplate sin...as I commit sin...as I contend with the consequences of my sin...and LOVES ME!  HOW is that possible?

Because it's His nature.

The Bible says that God IS love.  Not God loves...although He does.  But He IS love. 

Do you see the difference in that grammatically?  The "is" in that statement is a linking verb.  It equates the subject to the object in the predicate.  God...love...completely equated, intimately intertwined.  You think of one, it automatically brings to mind the other. 

God does love...the actions that demonstrate His care and concern for me as His creation.  But really, what I need more of in my life is the other promise.  God IS love!  I need Him to be love in my life. 

To be LOVE for me despite my lack of love...for Him and others at times.
To be LOVE for me in the face of my failures...all of them.
To be LOVE for me when I least deserve it...which is often.
To be LOVE for me when I'm too stubborn to ask for it...but still need it.
And the most essential one...
To be LOVE for me so I can learn to love myself...and then love others. 

Because you see, without this, I go nowhere fast.  Learning to love myself has been one of the most difficult parts of this journey for me.  To see myself as God does, not as some unworthy, huge lump in the mirror.  But rather, to LOVE me...just as I am right now, with all my faults and warts.  Just like He loves me.

God IS love...and He looks on me with love...AMAZING!!!

Which brings us to how the last part of that verse...His love is how I rise again.

On to the next post...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...