Thursday, June 28, 2012

Coming Full Circle...

It's been a long 6 months.  Truly.

But today, for the first time in a long time, it felt like perhaps I was coming full circle...coming back to where I was when I hit the biggest milestone of my journey so far, the 100 pound weight loss.

I haven't really lost much since then.  In fact, after losing 8 pounds, I gained them back and have been teetering back and forth right around that 100 pound mark ever since. 

It's been frustrating.  Very.

But today, things were different.  Maybe it's not that "things" were different.  Maybe it's that I was different.

I had a much more positive attitude toward life in general, and my health in particular.  I was in a bit less pain that I have been lately, so I pushed myself a bit and walked extra steps, climbed several stairs several times on campus, and really took responsibility for what food I put in my body.

What do you want to bet that it shows on the scale in the morning?  I wouldn't bet against me on that, by the way.  One thing I've learned about my body is that it absolutely functions by one equation:

Eat Less + Move More = Lose Weight

That equation was in play for me today.  I'm praying that it's going to be tomorrow, too.  And the next day.  I'm ready to get myself back in the game.  No more maintaining.  It's time to work toward the rest of the goals I have for myself.  When I'm at a place that I love, that I want to stay, THEN I'll maintain.  But for now, there are miles to go and promises to keep.

See you in the gym, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...