Sunday, June 10, 2012

So Perhaps "Often" Should Have Waited Until AFTER School was Out!

So, ever make a commitment to do something more regularly...and then get challenged to keep it???  If so, you know where I'm coming from today!

No sooner did I publicly declare that I'd be on my blog more often and back in the gym, than my schedule totally BLEW UP on me!  That's real life for me, though.  It's always something!

I didn't keep either commitment, by the way.  It's been more than a week since I blogged...and I've only been to the gym one time in that same time period.  Not offering excuses...though there are many reasons why.  Just telling it like it is.

But here's something I noticed.  At first it may seem unrelated, but stick with me on this, OK? 

Yesterday, I saw that my rose bush was blooming for the second time this season.  The first time, it was stunningly beautiful.  Had hundreds of blooms on it for about a week.  And then something ATE it! 

You know me...Ms. Black Thumb...I don't grow stuff.  So don't ask me what ate it.  But something did.  Its leaves were filled with holes and bitemarks.  I'm thinking some sort of bug, but I don't want to imagine what kind it might be.  Because in addition to not growing things well, I'm deathly afraid of bugs and whatnot.  I was actually contemplating digging up the beautiful rose bush and discarding it for dead.  Or at the very least, pruning it WAY back to a small bush again to see if it might still have some life left in it. 

But yesterday, walking by it on my way into the house, I noticed something.  A bloom.  And new leaves...ones that haven't been chewed.  Something new is growing in the middle of the mess I haven't yet cleaned up. 

And that's how I feel about my life right now. 

Something new is growing in the middle of my mess.

Oh, I'm trying to clean the mess - the school year is over, and that will help.  My knees will thank me when I get back into Angie's office next week (or whenever she can see me!).  But my life is decidedly messy right now.

And still, something is growing.

So stay tuned.  I'll let you know the progress of the rose bush...and of my journey!  Thanks for taking the ride with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...