Sunday, September 11, 2011

One Day...

One day, the journey I'm on will be ended because I will have arrived.
One day, I will be where I want to be...WHO I want to be.
One day, I will shop in the grocery store and it will be second nature for me to make healthy choices that will benefit my body.
One day, I won't have to remind myself to drink water.
One day, I won't have to readjust my knees every time I stand from a seated position.
One day, going to the mall and shopping for hours, walking all around the mall as I enjoy the day, won't require me to ice my knees for hours afterwards.

I can see these things happening, more and more clearly every day.  "One day" used to feel like an unattainable dream for me.  Now, it feels like it's just around the corner.  Truly. 

Think about these "One day" statements I used to make not so long ago...

One day, I'll lose this weight.  Yup.  Doing it now.
One day, I'll make time to exercise.  Yup.  At least 4 times a week is my goal.
One day, my knees will hurt less.  Yup.  Happening a little bit at a time, but happening all the same.
One day, I'll be able to walk a mile.  Yup.  In two weeks, I'm about to walk 3.12 of them!
One day, I'll be the teacher I want to be, and not confined to my chair.  Yup.  You should see me...I'm all over that classroom these days!

Those statements weren't from a long time ago.  That's who I used to be.  Not so long ago, truthfully.  And if so many of my "One days" have already been accomplished, what's to stop the rest of them from becoming my reality, too? 

Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

And let me tell you straight up.  If I can do this...if God is doing this in me...then I am absolutely confident that YOUR "One Days" can come to pass, too.  What's to stop them?

Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...