Sunday, September 18, 2011

When You're Ready for Your Moment of Deliverance...

I got to sing with a choir for the first time in a long time this week.  It was an amazing feeling!  Totally made up for the FAR less than amazing crud going on in the rest of my life this week.  Let's just say it was not one of my better weeks...by a long shot!

One song we sang during the worship service really hit home with me.  (Well, all of them did, actually...but this one was timely!)  The title was "Lift His Name Up", and the first line of the song says when you're READY for your moment of deliverance, lift His name up.  Even though I was singing that as part of the choir, I could just about feel God saying that to me. 

"When you're ready, Angie.  I'm still here."

"When you're ready to get serious, let's do this."

"When you're ready to do what you know it takes to stay healthy, let Me know."

I didn't really abandon my health goals this week.  Although a 3 pound weight gain sure does feel like it.  In fact, in all fairness, I hit some pretty amazing goals this week.  I walked my first full 5K and recovered nicely from it.  And I'm honestly fairly sure that I know what caused that 3 pound gain...and it's not something I can control, but it'll go away soon enough.  (Bad scale timing this morning!)

But here's the thing.  Life majorly distracted me this week. The stress of work especially captured my attention and distracted me from giving my full attention to the goals I have in front of me for healthy living. I ate OK...I exercised 3 days...I didn't indulge in too many "comfort" foods or emotionally eat.  Those are good things.  But not great things.  And I've been doing great lately.  This week...just OK.  And just OK isn't where I need to be right now.  Later, when it's time to maintain the weight loss instead of continue it, I can afford OK...but not now.  Now is time to keep it in high gear, not coast.

And God is calling me..."Hey...are you still with Me?  Are you ready for your moment of deliverance?  Cuz I've got this, Ang.  Just let Me do it in you."

And this week, I need to.  I've got some ground to make up.  BIG TIME!  There's a 5K in 7 days with my name on it. Time to get back on track.  Yes...I'm ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...