Sunday, November 20, 2011

So Now What?

I've spent most of this weekend sedentary, not by choice, but by necessity.  I had class yesterday, which required many hours of sitting.  I did spend some time afterward cleaning out the spare bedroom, so I had some active time, but not like gym time.  Today was a long choir morning at church, which requires a lot of standing, but not a lot of moving.  And this afternoon and evening have been spent getting ready for parent/teacher conferences.  Also, not a lot of moving.  No cardio, no weight training.  And no weight loss.  In fact.  Weight GAIN!

I knew going into this challenge to reach my 100 pound weight loss milestone by New Year's Eve that it was going to be difficult to make it happen.  For whatever reason, I've been plateaued in weight loss for the past 10 weeks now.  I'm eating less, I'm exercising more, and I'm not losing weight.  In general, I'm not gaining.  I go up and down slightly here and there, but that's not unusual for me.  I weigh myself at the same time every day, but I only record it on Sunday mornings.  That 2 pound gain from this morning will be gone by tomorrow.  I'm not even going to change my 100 pound tracker just yet.  I will if it doesn't leave, but I'm guessing it's probably already gone.  Just how my body works, and I know that well by this point.

So here's my question....now what?

I've had a lot of suggestions about how to break the plateau, and I've tried many of them.  I'm looking into others.  I am not ready to give up on this goal, even though a week has passed without the average 2 pound loss per week that I need to maintain to lose this weight by the target of December 31.  I'm really ready to work harder than ever.  I just am not sure what work to do.  Ever been there?  Willing to do whatever is needed, but having NO IDEA what that might be...

Pray for me, friends.  Specifically, ask that He would lead me in the paths that are correct for MY body, MY metabolism, and that HE would be honored by the work that He is doing in my body.  And when you're done praying, find me some suggestions of things to try...we've got to get past this plateau!  Thanks, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...