Saturday, August 6, 2011

These Tips Work For Me...

Since I couldn't do too much exercise this week, I had to really focus on eating well so that I didn't gain too much weight.  What I've discovered about my body is that BOTH of those things are necessary for me to continue losing weight.  If I eat well, but don't exercise much, I can usually maintain my weight.  I've never lost weight doing that.  This week, however, it couldn't be helped because of my knee situation, so I tried to make the best of it.  (I guess we'll find out how I did tomorrow morning at the weekly weigh-in report!)

So, since I had to really watch what I ate this week, I thought I'd share a few more tips that I've learned about eating over the past year or so.
  • Use a smaller plate.  When I do this, I put a whole lot less on the plate and yet my mind thinks it's full.  Tricking myself?  You bet...but it works!
  • Don't deny yourself the foods you "love".  Just give yourself much smaller portions of them...and less often.  Sometimes you've just gotta have bacon, ya know?!?!
  • Drink lots of water.  Nothing new, I know.  Hard to do for sure.  But it works.  Not only is it good for your overall health (great skin when you drink enough water, btw!), but it fills your tummy and you tend to eat less because of it.
  • Sugar Free Jello is amazing.  Seriously.  If you're a jello fan, you really have a difficult time tasting the difference between this and regular jello.  And it's 10 calories per cup.  Seriously.  10 calories.  Really...that's amazing!

Again...these things work for me.  I hope they might help you, too...but there's really no accounting for how bodies differ from each other.  I certainly tried many, many things that worked for my friends that never worked for me!

I think the important thing with these tips or any others is just to DO SOMETHING.  If you keep on trying, you'll find what works for you, just like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...