Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Oooo...A New Quote!

"Everyone who got to where they are had to begin where they were." ~ Richard Paul Evans


I have no idea who Richard Paul Evans is, honestly.  But BOY...he sure got this one right!  And it was a message I needed to hear pretty badly tonight. 

I tend to look at people who are farther along on the journey than I am and think that they have some special mojo I'm missing or that they've always been strong, healthy, fit people.  But that's just not right.  They had to begin where they were.  Just like I did.  The difference between us is where I was when I began my journey.  And the person responsible for that is me.

But in changing who I am...what I value...my routines and activities...I've also made it a certainty that I will NEVER be where I was again. 

No, I'm not where I will be.  I'm not where I want to be.  But PRAISE GOD...I'M NOT WHERE I WAS!  I have more than begun this journey...I am successfully navigating it.  I'm not perfect...nor will I ever be.  I don't make the best choices every day. But I'm better.  Better Every Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...