Friday, August 12, 2011

Anyone Got a Shovel???

I had the opportunity to volunteer at the Global Leadership Summit yesterday and today.  There have already been some amazing speakers and I look forward to hearing a few more today, too.  But the last one yesterday, Steven Furtick, pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC, had a word that I really needed to hear.  (Funny how that always seems to happen when you really tune in to what God's doing in your life...but I digress!)

What he spoke about was the prophet Elisha.  It hadn't rained for a long time, the people were dying of thirst, and the kings summoned him to inquire of the Lord on their behalf.  What he told the kings to do was to dig ditches...to fill the desert with ditches to collect rain water...even though there were no rain clouds visible.  Steven described this as AUDACIOUS FAITH...having faith that God will act and is in control, even when I can't see the immediate evidence of it in my situation.  And friends...after chewing and digesting this message overnight, I've decided that this is how I need to walk on this journey to the new me!

Right now, I don't see how my knee pain is going to get better any time soon...but I believe it will.
Right now, I can't imagine how I'm going to lose the rest of the weight I need to lose without working out hard...but I believe I will.
Right now, I am scared about what going back to work in a few weeks is going to mean for my knee pain...but I believe God can handle it.

The next step in this audacious faith is to ACT on my beliefs...dig the ditches! So, what can I do today that shows I have absolute faith that I will be a strong, healthy person one day?  Well...that's what I'm going to figure out.  I'm guessing it has a lot to do with keeping on marching on this journey, despite having little reason to hope for less knee pain right now.  Keep on working out as much as I can.  Keep on eating healthy meals.  I'm thinking that new quote I found from John Wooden comes into play, too...not letting what I can't do interfere with what I CAN do today.

So, who's got a shovel?  I've got some ditches to dig today!  Are you gonna join me?  Dig some of your own...have AUDACIOUS FAITH today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...