Monday, August 8, 2011

Today's B.E.D...

Hey!  I can do that!!!
I finally got to go back to the gym today...but not to the treadmill or the bike.  Not yet.  May get to test out this knee tomorrow if Angie says it's OK.  I've learned to trust her...she's always, ALWAYS got my best interest in mind, even when she tells me no!  So, since I couldn't get the knee moving, it was a struggle to decide what my "Better Every Day" was going to be today.  Until I remembered...crunching my abs has no impact on my knees!  And thus the decision was made!

The picture to the right over there is one of the types of ab crunch machines that the gym I go to uses.  It's actually the only one I've been on thus far, and it can really work out your abs, trust me!  The way you do this is to first raise your feet and anchor them. Then, with your hands on the handlebars, use your abdominal muscles to pull yourself up.  The bench you lay on is actually hinged and meant to bend.  It supports you, but it doesn't work for you.  Your abs actually do all the hard work on this one...and after several days of this, I can tell you...I really DO have abs! Amazing!

This was my B.E.D. today.  Previously, the highest number of crunches I'd done in one workout was 226.  But if you wanna beat me on this machine, you're now gonna have to work a bit harder to do so.

Today I did 300.

Come on...try and take me!  I dare ya!  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I was clapping for you! You go! 300??? I think I can do 300 crunches in my dreams and even then, I would have to take several breaks to get to that number! Keep up the fantastic job, Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can do more than you think you can! And I do them in groups of 25 with short little breathing breaks between them. It's like a psych out for me...it's only 12 sets of 25. That sounds so much easier to reach than 300!!! So much of life is a "head game"...it's all about how we THINK about things. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes! I'm cheering for you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That apparatus actually looks fairly comfortable :-) Still 300? whew, that makes my tummy hurt just thinking about it! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Laura! Actually, it's surprising how comfortable it is! Never expected to feel that way, either! It's got a natural rocking motion to it that helps you target the abdominal muscles. 300 was a good burn, I'll say that! And this morning, I do feel it still. But I'm doing it again tonight. I think the key is consistency. When I started, 40 was about all I could do. But you progress over time...and 300 was just about right yesterday. I'm going for at least 301 today! Better Every Day won't let me do less! LOL! Thanks for the comment and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...