Monday, August 1, 2011

"Big Picture" Moment...

One thing I've noticed in this journey to wellness I'm on is that sometimes I get so caught up in the day to day things I'm doing to improve my life that I forget that every once in a while it's good to take a look at the big picture, too.  My visit to the doctor today did that for me.  Actually...SHE did that for me!  She pointed out something I may have missed had she not made mention of it.

As of today, I've lost a almost a QUARTER of my body weight.  Yup..25%.  Whoa.  Does that shock you as much as it did me?

I must admit, I'm a bit stunned.  I hadn't really thought about how much of myself would be gone percentage-wise when I reach my final goal.  I know that in about 15 more pounds, I'll be halfway there...but I have always been focused on the number of pounds I need to lose and have already lost.  I never thought about the percent of me that is now missing!  A quarter of my body...gone!  WOW!!  Even better, when I'm done, my body will be 57.3% smaller than when I weighed 328 pounds.  I'm almost halfway there!!!


Now THAT'S some motivation to keep going! In your own journey, look for the motivation you need to get going...and keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...