Saturday, July 30, 2011

Be Still...

Steven Curtis Chapman...one of my favs!
Steven Curtis Chapman is one of my very favorite singers.  He has been for a long time, but I really developed a new appreciation for his artistry  and ministry today through one of his songs.  Wanted to share part of it with you...

The song is called Be Still and Know, and here's the second verse:

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is faithful
Consider all that He has done
Stand in awe and be amazed
And know that He will never change
Be still...


I don't like to "be still".  Let me rephrase.  I USED to like being still...a LOT!  But now, I really don't.  I like working out and love the feeling I get after I know I've pushed myself as hard as I can.  It's such a feeling of satisfaction...like I gave everything I had and left it all on the treadmill.  Being still is hard when you want to be moving and can't.    I've felt wrong all day today.  I can walk a little bit, so I'm not completely incapacitated.  But the only thing that's going to help me right now...especially until I hear from my docs next week...is R.I.C.E...rest, ice, compression, and elevation.  So, that's what I've had to do all day.  No gym.  No pool.  No workout.  In other words...BE STILL, ANGIE!!!

This song came to mind a little earlier tonight, so listened to it and the words just flowed over me.  It reminded me that God really HAS been faithful to me, and that I should be standing in awe of that that and amazed at what He's done in my life, rather than pouting that for now, I'm sidelined.

Perhaps that's really what He intends this little "break" in my routine to be about.  For me to learn more how to be still in my body, in my thoughts, in my plans, in my busy-ness...and just focus on Him for a while.  Perhaps He's not only concerned about my PHYSICAL health improving, but also wants me to be healthier SPIRITUALLY, which happens when I spend time with Him and reflect on what He's done in my life?

So, I'm listening....for today, I have been still.  Tomorrow, I will be still.  When the new week comes and the doctors give me the guidance I need, I'll be back to working out.  But I think what I really need to learn is how to "be still" in my spirit, even when my body can move freely again.  Now THERE'S a tough lesson to learn.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...