Thursday, July 28, 2011

We Were Not Meant To Live Alone...

One of the best I've read!
Besides the Bible, one of the best books I've ever read is Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life.  In fact, I re-read it every so often just to fully digest some of the messages in there and do a gut-check on how I'm living out my beliefs.  One thing that really speaks to me in here is his assertion that we were not meant to live alone.  We were created to be communities - to live in fellowship with God and with each other.  This is really powerful for me right now in this journey to the New Angie...the one who is healthy in all areas of her life.  Because, you see, I can't do this alone!

Right now, I'm being mentored, supported, and inspired by some AMAZING people...and they've impacted my journey to better health in ways that they may not know.


There's Angie, who brought me to a point of tolerable knee pain with her medical expertise, and then created the belief in me that I could physically do more than I thought I could...

Then along came Ben, who taught me what it means to be "Better Every Day" by living it out himself and helping me plan out what it will look like in my life and in my workouts...

And what about Amy and Bryan, who are just ROCKING it in their own quest for wellness and whose love, support, and very visible results are inspiring me to stay on this journey at times when I'd sometime like to take a break...

Then there's Hannah, Danielle, Karen, Donna, Beth (both of them!), Marianne, Yvette, Angela, Judy, Annette, Rhea, Jeannine, Amy, Terrie, Jeanne, Dee, and Erin, who faithfully keep up with my progress online and offer such positive, helpful, and encouraging comments to me as I'm working hard to reach these goals.  Never, ever underestimate the power of praise...

There's my co-workers/friends Leah, Deb, Jill, Jen, Rox, Amanda, Brandon, Barb, Christy, Ellen, Bev, Laura, Cheryl, Marybeth, Suzanne (both of them!), and AJ, who not only show me by example how to live strong, healthy lives, but also keep tabs on me during the workday to make sure I'm walking enough and not compromising my progress by hitting the candy jar too many times...

And finally, I'm not sure where I'd be without the faithful friendship and unconditional love I get from Lindsey, Lindsey, Lynette, Mac, Mom (both of them!), Mike, Rick, Darrin, Kristina, Dave, Ron, and Dan.  These people have known me for much of my life and loved me as much 77 pounds ago as they love me right  now. They will always love me, no matter what!

So, you see...we are REALLY not meant to do life alone!  I'm so grateful for the community of love, support, encouragement, and example God surrounded me with along this journey. It's because these people have poured parts of their lives into mine that I'm able to make the progress that I am making right now.  Each of them has a role in that, whether they know it or not.  I am who I am because of the influence and impact of them all.  God chose an INCREDIBLE, INSPIRING community for me to belong to...and I'm truly blessed because of it!

What about you?  Who's been put in YOUR life by God to be your community?  My suggestion to you is to list them out like I just did.  Once you recognize all the incredible blessings and resources He's already given you, it makes reaching whatever goals you're aiming at so much easier...and it makes the journey a lot more fun!

PS... the danger of making lists like this is that you'll inadvertently leave someone out who's feelings might get hurt.  I hope I didn't, but if I forgot anyone, I'm apologizing now! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...