Thursday, July 14, 2011

Perspective...

I had the opportunity to chat with a friend online today.  Speaking with her helped me put a few things into perspective.


Honestly, I was feeling a little down this afternoon.  I'm going to the gym tonight, but my workout is going to be very limited.  My left knee is feeling better than it did last night, but the only thing that is really going to help it is to continue the R.I.C.E. routine for a few more days...which is really frustrating to me!  I've got big goals I'm aiming at, and even a single day where I can't fully work toward them feels like I'm backsliding right back to where I was in my mind.  More than that, though, I'm angry at myself for allowing my body to get to the point that just plain-old everyday life hurts sometimes.  To put it simply, my head has not been in a good place for a lot of this afternoon.

But then Christina messaged me on Facebook.  She's facing life-changing, possibly life-threatening health circumstances right now.  The past month has drastically changed her life through no fault of her own.  Unlike my health issues with arthritis, tendonitis, and a whole lot of other "itis's" I'm probably leaving out, Christina didn't do anything to cause her situation, yet she's dealing with the fallout of it.

I just got delivered a great big dose of perspective.  My complaints seem very trivial compared with the fear of my friend that she may lose this battle and leave her husband and 2 young children without their wife and mother.  I can't workout to the level I want to reach tonight.  Christina can't breathe without the assistance of oxygen right now.  What do I really have to be upset about?

Nothing.  Nothing at all.

Thank you, God, for the reminder that my struggles are temporary setbacks.  Please bring Christina healing and hope that hers are, too.

For my praying friends...please remember Christina in your prayers.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...