Friday, July 29, 2011

My, How a Day Changes Things...

Loving the ice!!!
<----That lovely image over there is my left leg encased in ice after Angie did her best work on it this morning.  I'm heading back to my ortho next week for some new x-rays...and hopefully a new game plan for treating this silly knee!

I'll be honest...I'm pretty bummed.  And I'm in a LOT of pain right now.  (The initial freeze from this morning wore off...I'm icing again at home even as I type this!) My training schedule is really going to take a hit from this.  It already has, truth be told.  Since the flare up a few weeks back, I haven't been able to do the distances on the treadmill or the bike that I could do before this recent setback.  It's time to figure out what's going on inside that knee that we can't see from the outside.

At first today, I was pretty discouraged about all this.  But reaching out to some of the great, supportive people in my community that I shared in the last post really helped my attitude tremendously!  It's put my mind at ease to know that this is going to slow down my progress a bit, but it isn't going to stop it...and it isn't going to undo what's already been achieved...not completely, anyway!  I'm seeing it more for what it is...just another bump in the road that has to be navigated.  So I'm doing it in the most positive and upbeat way I know how.

Of course...if anyone has some Percoset to give me...that'd help, too!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...