Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"When Life Gives You Lemons...

...you better find the sugar, too...or your lemonade is gonna be NASTY!"  That's how one of my favorite 10 year olds answered that a couple of years ago.  I remember laughing and laughing at the time...and just a few seconds ago when I typed it, too!  But really, how profound a thought is this?!



Life DOES give us lemons.  Bad things happen. People treat us badly. Schedules get interrupted. We get sick and injured unexpectedly.  And it's really easy just to say the common ending to that phrase...you make lemonade.  But seriously, if you make your lemonade with just lemon juice squeezed into water, I'm not coming to you when I'm thirsty!  REAL lemonade has some sugar in it, too.  The BEST lemonade (Thank you God for Chick-Fil-A!) has a BUNCH!!!

So what did my 10 year old friend mean?  Don't just deal with your lemons...find what's GOOD about your new situation and THEN make your lemonade!



I'm working this week, as well as teaching Vacation Bible School at my church, and my entire schedule has been thrown into a whirlwind.  I haven't been able to get to either the pool or the gym...BIG LEMONS coming my way from life!!!  But yesterday, I finally found the sugar and made lemonade!  I got up a bit early and went to the high school where my all day meetings are being held.  Funny thing about high schools...they have running tracks right around that well manicured football field!  So in the early morning before the heat of the day, I was able to do my walking outside and get my workout in for the day.  That workout gave me the energy I needed to do my job better yesterday than I did the day before, and also to go lead VBS last night without being bone tired by the time I got home like I was on Monday when I hadn't worked out.  How sweet was that?!?!

I hope when life tosses you lemons that you remember to also look for the sugar and make yourself some pretty incredible lemonade!!  Thanks for the reminder, Elizabeth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...