Saturday, July 23, 2011

Missed a Few Workouts...

...which ended up meaning I really missed a LOT! 

Went back to the gym today for the first time since last Saturday.  I did a few workouts this week, but not in the gym, mostly because of my schedule.  What I discovered is that working out outside of the gym doesn't work my body nearly as hard.  My weight has been fairly stable, which is good, but something else suffered...my cardio fitness!

Today, I intended to do a full workout, but could only manage about 1/2 of what I'd normally do.  Mostly, that's because of my left knee tightening up the longer I worked.  It was not the "push through it" kind of pain...so I didn't.  (I'm icing it as I write this!) But as I measured my heart rate during the workout, I found a MUCH higher heartbeat for activities that wouldn't normally push my heart rate that high.  What that means is I lost a measure of my cardio fitness...in the span of 6 days!

Lesson learned?  Never go 6 days again without a HARD workout!  Hope it's not going to take too long to get it back!  I'll keep you updated...because there's sure to be a workout tomorrow!  Can't take too many steps backward in this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemme know what you're thinking...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...